Monday, November 11, 2013

Serious Chocolate Muffins


I've baked these chocolate muffins this afternoon and it's really yummy!
I've named thus recipe Serious Chocolate Muffin.
I'm very happy because this recipe is my own creation since I can't find any for me to follow exactly.

RecIpe

Ingredient A 


Self raising flour 250g, baking powder 1 tsp, baking soda 1/2 tsp, salt 1/4 tsp, cocoa powder 70g, Choco chips 100g and a handful of raisin (optional but I like bit of diff texture n taste n not just coco taste)

Cold unsalted butter 100g

Ingredient B 

Egg 2, sugar 100g, vanilla essence 1 tsp, chocolate milk 125ml, milk 100ml (I added 80ml first and the bal I add in when I feel the texture too dry, as it depends how big your eggs are) 

Total milk added was 225ml

Note can add in more sugar if want sweeter or not using chocolate milk. I use Choco milk cos I want finish it n not let BB Rae drink since I find it too sweet.

Method (preheat oven 220'c and grease baking tin and line the muffin cups)

1 Mix all dry ingredient in big bowl, then add in cold butter via rubbing in method.

2 Add in raisin and Choco chips

3 in another bowl, mix all ingredient B 

4 Gradually fold in B into A bit by bit till mixture is lumpy and thick but not dry (must be spoonable and not pourable)

5 scope into muffin cup 90% full and sprinkle some Choco chips

I bake first 5 mins 220'c and subsequent 15 mind 190'c.


I yield 14 muffins.

Update: to make 18 muffins
Dry ingredient
Plain flour 300g
Baking soda 1+1/3 tsp
Baking powder 1 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Cocoa powder 80g
Raisin a handful
Choco chips 110g (leave some to sprinkle)

Wet ingredient
Butter 120g
Eggs 3
Sugar 110g
Choco Milk 250g
Vanilla extracts 2 tsp

No comments:

Post a Comment