Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Wednesday, December 25, 2013
Sunday, December 22, 2013
Saturday, December 21, 2013
Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Thursday, December 12, 2013
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
Sunday, December 1, 2013
Friday, November 29, 2013
RECIPE FOR BANANA WALNUT CAKE
Baking tin: 1 unit of 8" x 3.5" x 3" (height)
60g unsalted butter
80g castor sugar
1 egg (medium) – at room temperature, lightly beaten
130g plain flour (can use cake flour)
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
80g plain yogurt
2 or 3 fully ripen bananas (120g)
- Cut butter into 7-8mm thickness and leave it at room temperature until it turns soft (it is ready to be used if you can press it lightly with your finger tips). Or grate the frozen butter into the mixer bowl and let it soften while preparing other ingredient.
- Combine flour, baking soda and baking powder in a mixing bowl and sieve twice.
- Put walnuts on a baking tray and roast them in a preheat oven at 120°c for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool down completely before breaking up into smaller pieces.
- Lightly grease the baking tin and line with grease-proof paper.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (at least 15 minutes)
- Cream butter, sugar with an electric mixer and beat till mixture is well combine and look creamy.
- Add in vanilla essence. Make sure it is well combined in mixer.
- Add in lightly beaten egg little by little, beat until creamy using mixer.
- Add in salt and mix well in mixer, then remove from mixer to check texture is creamy before commencing step 5 onwards.
- Mash bananas with a fork. Add into the mixture and mix well using a spatula.
- Add in 1/3 flour mixture through a sieve and mix well by folding in gradually.
- Add in yogurt and mix well.
- Add in the remaining flour mixture through a sieve. Use a spatula to fold into the mixture until no traces of flour. Do not over-stir the batter!
- Add in chopped walnut and mix well. But leave some to sprinkle.
- Pour the mixture into the greased lined baking tin. Shake it lightly to distribute the cake mixture evenly.
- Bake in a pre-heat oven at 180°C for 50 minutes or until golden brown and fully cooked. If a toothpick comes out clean, it is done.
- Remove it from the oven and leave the cake in the tin to cool on the wire rack for another 5 minutes. Best to serve it warm.
- If the cake turns brown before end of the cooking time, cover it loosely with a piece of aluminum foil.
Thursday, November 21, 2013
Sunday, November 17, 2013
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Monday, November 11, 2013
Self raising flour 250g, baking powder 1 tsp, baking soda 1/2 tsp, salt 1/4 tsp, cocoa powder 70g, Choco chips 100g and a handful of raisin (optional but I like bit of diff texture n taste n not just coco taste)
Cold unsalted butter 100g
Egg 2, sugar 100g, vanilla essence 1 tsp, chocolate milk 125ml, milk 100ml (I added 80ml first and the bal I add in when I feel the texture too dry, as it depends how big your eggs are)
Total milk added was 225ml
Note can add in more sugar if want sweeter or not using chocolate milk. I use Choco milk cos I want finish it n not let BB Rae drink since I find it too sweet.
Method (preheat oven 220'c and grease baking tin and line the muffin cups)
1 Mix all dry ingredient in big bowl, then add in cold butter via rubbing in method.
2 Add in raisin and Choco chips
3 in another bowl, mix all ingredient B
4 Gradually fold in B into A bit by bit till mixture is lumpy and thick but not dry (must be spoonable and not pourable)
5 scope into muffin cup 90% full and sprinkle some Choco chips
I bake first 5 mins 220'c and subsequent 15 mind 190'c.
Sunday, November 10, 2013
Saturday, November 9, 2013
Thursday, October 31, 2013
Sunday, October 27, 2013
Saturday, October 5, 2013
If u were in Takashimaya shopping mall yesterday afternoon, you'd ve seen a crazy women shouting for help and asking for trained medical profession to come forward to help her bb who was in fits and unconscious.
Her call was answered and her bb was attended by a trained nurse who happened to be shopping and the Taka staff rendered kind assistance.
They were sent to hospital via ambulance for treatment and her bb is well n playing now!
I wanna thank all who has assisted in anyway, help or just standing by watching the free live drama.
No, I'm not ashamed of what I've done!