Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Back from Beijing

Back from Beijing last Wed 25 Nov.
Arrived SG airport on Wed 6am and reach home at about 7.30am.

First thing I did was to unpack my luggage and throw out dirty clothes for laundry.
Then wash up went and rested till 9.30am and off to work.

I can only described this trip with 2 words "Cold" & "Tired"........

Beijing is really cold and fortunately we've brought sufficient clothing to keep us warm.

First day (Fri), arrived Beijing airport at 11pm and check into hotel for the night - Wang Fy Jing Grand.

2nd day, we went to Yah Shui market for the tour mates to buy winter jacket since some didnt bring the right clothing for the cold weather.
RY get to buy a fake Timberland shoes for RMB160 (orignal price was RMB480).
Then we proceed to Tian An Men Square and then to Forbidden City.

3rd day, we went to Great Wall of China - Ju Yong Guan ........

4th day, we went to Temple of Heaven, as well as shopping in Xiu Shui Market amd 5th day was to Summer Palace.
RY bought 4 small bottles of china wine - Er Wo Tou for RMB3 each (56% alcohol content which is really potent).

We get to sample Peking Duck from Quan Ju De chinese restaurant, which I dont think is as good as those from SG.
It cost RMB 196 for additional serving of duck.

It was a nice trip since the tour mates were my colleagues - total 56 paxs.
But I dont think I'd like to visit Beijing again in the near future............ as I think got other better destinations awaiting for my discovery .........

No comments:

Post a Comment