Sunday, December 1, 2013

Fresh Apricot Muffins

Last week we bought a box of fresh apricot for my baking use.
I like the unique scent of the fruits and if fully ripen, the fruit will be really sweet.
I've left the fruit in the room temperature for 4 days hoping that it will be ripen.
This afternoon I used it to bake a tray of apricot muffins.
But I was disappointed that the fruit was really sour eventhough it had turned soft.
I've to use more sugar in this recipe which I'd normally not.
I'm glad that the muffins turn out really good, not too sweet or sour.

Recipe

Muffins

Ingredient A
Plain flour 250g
Baking powder 1tsp
Baking soda 1tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon powder 1/4 tsp
Nutmeg powder 1/4 tsp
Cold butter 80g (can be melted n add to Ingredient B)

Ingredient B
Egg 2 (60g each)
Milk 60ml
Sugar 120g (if the fruit is sweet, use 90g)
Vanilla essence 1tsp
Fresh apricot 250g and remove skin and stone to purée which yield 160g (coarsly blend to have some bits n pieces)

Method (preheat oven 210'c and line 12 muffin cups in tray7
1 mix ingredient A and B separately in different bowl
2 add in cold butter in A using rubbing in method
3 mix B into A gradually with minimum stroke, fold till no traces of flour till mixture is lumpy and spoonable but not dry
4 scope into muffin cups till 90% 
5 bake 1st 5min at 210'c and next 15 min at 190'c

Yield 12 muffins



No comments:

Post a Comment