Sunday, January 2, 2011

Count Down 2011!

It was my 1st live count down in SG's Marina watching fireworks!
I've done it in MY but not my home country.

RY suggested going down to Marina for the count down as he wished to do something different from the usual past few years, i.e. stay at home watch TV and sleep through the year ...........
I was not keen at all since I knew it'd be crowded and traffic would be caotic too!

As he was so keen in going, I've finally relented and we drove down to Marina at 10pm on 31 Dec.
We parked "Volvy" at Conrad Hotel and walked down towards Helix Bridge.
We were pretty disappointed that Helix Bridge was closed at about 11pm and we gotta hang around the pavement between the Helix Bridge and the road.

We just waited patiently and helped some tourists took pictures of themselves with MBS as the background.
When the clock was approaching 12 mid-night and at the last moment towards 12 am, everybody started counting down "10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1" and then viola - the sky start to light up with beautiful fireworks!
The fireworks lasted 8 mins and once the show was over, we quickly rush to towards Conrad Hotel for Volvy to head back home.

I went to bed at 2am and only wake up at 10am, so I miss receiving the 1st sunrise of the year!
It was a rainy day on 1st Jan 2011 and I didnt manage to do my usual exercise.

Basically, we spent the new year day lazing at home doing nothing and ta pau chicken rice for lunch.
Dinner was a quiet one at Casa Roma - our favourite Italian place along Bt Timah.

So how did you celebrate the New Year Day?

This is a pic taken from my mobile!

No comments:

Post a Comment