Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Proceed to Stage 2 - Gonal F jabs on 19 Mar & onwards

This monring I was at KKH at 7.30am for my blood test and ultra sound scan.
I managed to do my blood test at 7.30am but the scanning room only starts at 8am but cos the nurse misplaced my appointment card, I only get to do the scanning after 3 patients ......

My lining was 5.5 and was considered good so the nurse gave me my prescription to let me buy Gonal F to stand-by for the jab for this Fri onwards.
But I was told to wait for their call this afternoon to inform me about the blood test on the E2 suppression, which they did inform me at about 4pm that my test result is good is able to proceed to stage 2 on 19 Mar.

The Pharmacy only opens at 8.30am so I gotta wait till its open to get the medication then return to UVF clinic to learn how to jab myself.

I didnt take leave from work so gotta quickly rush to office at 9.30am, fortunately RY is with me to drive me there, else I'll reach office later then 9.30am ............

So from Fri onwards, I've to jab Lucrin as well as GF, so it means I gotta wait up 10 mins earlier for the preparation.

Next Fri 26 Mar, I'll be going to the clinic to check on the no. of follicles ........... I hope I can have good results and produce many & good quality eggs ......... also hope that all the eggs fertilise successfukky & beautifully ...........

RY also gotta start taking his anti-biotics from Fri onwards for 7 days ...........

For my last 2 cycles, the dr put me on Puregon but it seems like now they change to Gonal F (GF).

As I dont respond well to puregon in the last 2 cycles, the dr put me on a very high GF dosage - 675iu per day ...... and it cost me >$600 for 1 tub which contain 900 iu...........
The total cost for my treatment is going to be SGD10k to SGD12K and I can only get SGD2.7K grant from Govt since RY is permanent resident, also I can only utilise SGD4K from medisave since this is the 3rd attemps using CPF.

This BB quest is costing us alot of money but it's worth every cents since we're pursuing our dream to make it into a reality ............

Pls wish us all the Best!
May God bless us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment