Saturday, June 26, 2010

Hair Colouring

When I was younger, I used to go to a hair salon to get my hair coloured every 3 months.
Each visits to the salon would cost me about $200 to $600 depending on what I do, may it be a simple hair cut + colouring, or with additional treatment, or a perm etc ........

I'd experienced various colour - range from red, purple, copper to blond (yes bleaching my hair to look blond), as long as its the most "in" colour for that season.

About 5 years ago, I realised the harmful effect of the chemical colouring and switched to natural hair dye - Henna.

Henna adds a nice colour of red to most hair colours and it also conditions your hair. Henna is all natural so it will not harm your hair like the dyes found in stores today. Some other benefits of henna as a hair colour is that it strengthens your hair, makes it easier to manage, and can even get rid of dandruff.

The beauty comes with a price - the henna scent is not very pleasant is an acquired "smell".
For instance, RY doesnt really like it, on the other hand I'm rather Ok with it.

I'd usually have my hair "hennaed" monthly in a beauty salon located in Little India - Rupini.
It costs me $40 for the henna session which consists fo hair dye applications, steaming, washing and blow dry.

This morning, I'll be getting my hair fix to prepare for the San Fran trip in 2 weeks time.
Need to look good just in case I bumped into RY's colleagues there .......

I think I'll try to explore DIY - buy the Henna powder and mix it myself and get my sis to help in the applications.
Dont think I can depend on RY for help since he's not patient enough for the application process .........

No comments:

Post a Comment