Thursday, September 3, 2009

Helicobacter pylori

Helicobacter pylori is a Gram-negative, microaerophilic bacterium that can inhabit various areas of the stomach and duodenum. It causes a chronic low-level inflammation of the stomach lining and is strongly linked to the development of duodenal and gastric ulcers and stomach cancer. Over 80% of individuals infected with the bacterium are asymptomatic.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicobacter_pylori

In 2006, I did a scooping test since I constantly had gastric pain and the test result showed that I've this Helicobacter pylori bateria in my stomach.
I was supposed to take a course of anti-biotic to kill the bacteria, which I didnt as I was trying to get preggy.

I went to the GP on Monday to check my gastric and he advised that I can start taking the anti-biotics 1 week upon the completion of the D&C antbiotics.

Since I will be resting for min 3 months before TTC, I thought its good timing to start this course of anti-biotics.

Next Sat, I'll go to the GP to collect my medication.
This few days, my gastric condition has improved but can feel the slight pain at the gastric area.
Fri & Sat night the pain was so bad that it gave me backache, and I gotta rub my back constantly to relieve the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment